Better Billy Bunker
Check out this fantastic video by Indian Hills Country Club superintendent, Bob McLean, showing Golf Creations and the Better Billy Bunker process.
- Anthem Golf and Country Club, Anthem, AZ
- Big Spring Country Club, Louisville, KY
- Butte des Morts Country Club, Appleton, WI
- Gainey Ranch Golf Club, Scottsdale, AZ
- Glen Oak Country Club, Glen Ellyn, IL
- Indian Hills Country Club, Bowling Green, KY
- Laurel Hill Golf Club, Lorton, VA
- Oro Valley Country Club, Oro Valley, AZ
- Prairie Landing Golf Club, West Chicago, IL
- Quail Hollow Country Club, Concord, OH
Laurel Hill Golf Club
LORTON, VA — Designed by Bill Love, Laurel Hill Golf Club is indeed a beauty — situated on rolling terrain just outside the District of Columbia and dotted with 120 flashed-sand bunkers. Recently, Golf Creations was contracted to replace the failing fabric liners and contaminated sand in all 120 bunkers using the Better Billy Bunker method, a process Golf Creations has been certified in since 2012.
Proof is in the Pudding Lip service is great, but was it all worth the effort? We wanted to provide an update from Rick Owens, the head superintendent at Laurel Hill Golf Club in Lorton, VA, who experienced the torrential rains of Hurricane Sandy soon after the project was complete.
A single hour of clean up on 120 bunkers, after 7 inches of rain? That’s pretty incredible. The Better Billy Bunker method has gained a lot of traction lately, and one of its major claims is a reduction in man-hours related to post-storm maintenance. Sandy and LaurelHills are proof that claim is well founded.
“When Golf Creations left the property one could scarcely see any evidence that a large reconstruction project had just occurred. Now after a large rain event there is little or no washing out of the bunkers. Instead of 200+ repair hours it might take an extra hour at most. The sand simply does not move. I highly recommend both the Better Billy Bunker method of bunker construction and Golf Creations as an installer.”